Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been published previously, nor is it currently being considered for publication in another journal (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The instructions provided in the Guide for Authors (click on the hyperlink shown below) have been followed.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word (*.doc) or in Libre Office and OpenOffice.org (*.odt) document file format.
- If submitting a peer-reviewed article: blind review has been ensured by deleting identifying marks (e.g. author name and data) from the manuscript (consult the “remove document properties” tool of your word processing software). For purposes of anonymity during the peer-review process, you will enter all author information separately.
- The uploaded article file (*.doc or *.odt) must include title, abstract, and keywords (separated by ;), in accordance with the instructions given in the Guide for Authors.
- MAiA style guidelines (citations, quotations, references, captions, etc.) have been carefully followed (see Guide for Authors).
- Please note that the limit for uploading files (including accompanying multimedia files) is 50MB.
- AFTER submitting your paper, PLEASE SEND a separate *.doc or *.odt file with affiliation, institutional address, email address, and short biographic note(s) of the author(s) by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DiscussionBy invitation only
Music and Arts in Action makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of all the information contained in its publications, but all editors and reviewers make no warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or suitability for any purpose of the content. The authors are responsible for the accuracy of the content presented in their work. Any views expressed in this publication are the views of the authors and are not the views of MAiA editors or affiliates.
Copyright for articles published in this journal is retained by the authors, with first publication rights granted to the journal. Requests to reprint material published in MAiA should be made to the individual authors.
By virtue of their appearance in this Open Access Journal, articles are free to use, with proper attribution, in educational and other non-commercial settings. All citations should include the author's name; year of publication; MAiA title, volume and issue number; page numbers; and weblink to http://musicandartsinaction.net
Contents published from Volume 5 (2) (2016) onwards are licensed under a Creative Commons CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 licence (Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives) https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party. Journal subscribers will only be contacted with information about new issues. While authors' names, institutional affiliations and institutional addresses will be printed on the published article, all email communication with authors will only take place through private, spam-protected forms on the journal website.