Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been published previously, nor is it currently being considered for publication in another journal (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word (*.doc), Rich Text Format (*.rtf), or OpenOffice.org (*.odt) document file format.
- The style guidelines have been followed.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- MAiA maintains an archival repository in ORE (Open Research Exeter), the institutional repository for digital work at the University of Exeter, UK. A copy of all published work is archived in ORE to ensure that it is accessible in perpetuity.
Music and Arts in Action makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of all the information contained in its publications, but all editors and reviewers make no warranties whatsoever as to the accuracy, completeness or suitability for any purpose of the content. The authors are responsible for the accuracy of the content presented in their work. Any views expressed in this publication are the views of the authors and are not the views of MAiA editors or affiliates.
Copyright for articles published in this journal is retained by the authors, with first publication rights granted to the journal.
By virtue of their appearance in this open access journal, articles are free to use, with proper attribution, in educational and other non-commercial settings. All citations should include the author's name; year of publication; MAiA title, volume and issue number; page numbers; and weblink to www.musicandartsinaction.net.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party. Journal subscribers will only be contacted with information about new issues. While authors' names, institutional affiliations and institutional addresses will be printed on the published article, all email communication with authors will only take place through private, spam-protected forms on the journal website.